Saturday, June 5, 2010

Art fair

I am a sucker when it comes to art fairs. I just love them.

But my biggest weakness in the Prairie Village art fair – it's not huge like others in Kansas City, but it has a great range of artists with a variety of price points. In fact, I have bought something at this fair every year since Brent and I became home owners.

2007 (We bought this piece for the kitchen. Unfortunately our new kitchen lacks walls):
2008 (I bought this when we had a very colorful office. I still love this piece, but it just doesn't work with our house at the moment. Although, I'm sure it will be delightful in a future kid's room.):
2009 (I love this piece, and yes, this is a real photo.):
And this year is no exception.

This morning, I went to the art fair knowing what I wanted. Every year there is this guy who makes amazing junkyard sculptures there – and I was determined to finally own one that could go in the backyard. I had a difficult time deciding between several of them (so hopefully he comes back again next year).

I decided on a dragonfly and lightning bug – $20 each. Not bad at all.

3 comments:

  1. Your art collection looks alot like mine! Love the junk sculptures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley, Thanks for paying the artists the best compliment of all - purchasing their art. I am sure your home is very interesting with all your fun pieces. The artists appreciate you too!

    ReplyDelete