Monday, October 26, 2009

Books #75, 76 and 77











#75 – "The Sister" by Poppy Adams

I read this book because I heard it had a similar feel to "The Thirteenth Tale" by Diane Setterfield. The book is about 2 sisters who haven't seen each other basically since their childhood, and the mystery why that's the case. The book definitely has its interesting moments, but it wasn't my favorite.

#76 – "The Lost Symbol" by Dan Brown
I enjoyed this book, but it was definitely my least favorite of the Robert Langdon series. The thing that bothered me the most was the 2 stories in one – as both the siblings in this book have their own story. In the rest of Dan Brown's books I left addicted the entire way through. But parts of this book were slow and confusing. While I left like the confusing parts were answered at the end – I felt like the pace could have still been picked up in several areas.

#77 – "The 19th Wife" by David Ebershoff
This book is 2 stories woven together – I modern fiction tale and the history of the Mormon church and plural marriage. I loved reading about all the history and the shady ways the wives were counted. As for the modern tale, I could have done without.

No comments:

Post a Comment