This poor bedroom has been through a lot.
While it started out as the office...
...Brent and I quickly did a room flip for layout aesthetics, and also because I hated the wall color. (Just further proof that paint colors don't transfer house-to-house. What I loved in house #1, I absolutely hated here).
Once the room was cleared...
And the carpet ripped out...
It became the new R.O.C. (room of crap)...
Which was just fine with me, because keeping the door shut meant not having to look at the paint color. This mutual agreement was going great, until we bought a queen-size bed for the guest bedroom, which then made bedroom #3 more like guest bedroom #2 (or more accurately, a room of crap with a bed in it). And it stayed this way for 5 months.
Why? Because I'm bad with expiration dates. At some point, I know bedroom #3 will become a nursery – and I thought investing in this space would be a waste of time and money. That was until I realized I could "invest wisely."
Meet the new bedroom #3:
This area needs some organizing, but you get the idea:
So, how did I "wisely invest?" The only thing I bought just for this room was the duvet, and I got that on sale for $29.70 plus tax. Everything else I either had or plan to use once this room transforms again.
- Paint – leftover (it's the living room, entryway and hallway color)
- Bed – from the guest bedroom. The frame was actually from my high school days.
- Nightstand – my $10 Craigslist find from last year
- Dresser – another Craigslist find from last year. Although, once this does become I nursery, I do plan on using it as a changing table
- Bookcase – my Ikea pride and joy. I love it here now, and it will be fabulous once this room is no longer a guest bedroom.
Thanks for the inspiration! Love the bedspread!ReplyDelete
I love that bedspread too. You've done a great job with turning that room into a usable space without spending a lot of money!ReplyDelete
Looks good! What color is that on the walls now?ReplyDelete
I got my beautiful duvet cover today! Thanks again!ReplyDelete
Thanks guys! The color is Valspar's Granite Dust.ReplyDelete
DM – Yay! Glad you like it. :)