Thursday, August 26, 2010

My pedestal table flip

I first fell in love with this side table from Pottery Barn:


But since it's from Pottery Barn, I think we all know the price wasn't a bargain (or anywhere remotely close to one).

Then came Z Gallerie's side table for only $99.


A lot better in price, but I still couldn't do it.

Well, remember this guy:


Yep, I used him and made my own:


I'm so happy with how this table turned out.

I scored this table off Craigslist for $10 (!!!!!!!), and once the cost of spray paint is factored in – I only spent $27 plus change on everything.

Unfortunately, the table is too big for the space I intended it to go. While I love it next to the chair, for it to go there – I have to push the chair too close to the sectional – and that's the only walkway to the kitchen. So for the moment, my table is homeless. I love it so much, but Craigslist may be in its future.

Project details
This project was super easy. I roughed up the table with sandpaper, cleaned the table off and then used Rust Oleum's titanium silver metallic spray paint. With the finish on the table being so dark, I ended up having to use 2 bottles. Once that was dry, I used a clear coat spray paint over that just to be safe.

Note: Of course that's "Mockingjay" on the table. And of course, I already finished it. That book was amazing! Seriously, go read The Hunger Games series right now!

6 comments:

  1. I hate it when something doesn't fit just like I want it to, but the table looks great! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks seriously gorgeous.........hang onto it for awhile before off-loading it, you may be able to use it somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this table! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the table! But if you are planning on selling it - please email me =) abryan09@gmail.com

    Thanks!
    April

    ReplyDelete
  5. it is beautiful! I have been wanting one like that for so long, you did an amazing job on it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the well written and interesting article!
    hitachi tower fan uae

    ReplyDelete