Wednesday, September 1, 2010

July and August's books

Considering I only had one book total for the month of July ("Helter Skelter"), I decided to group my July reading with Augusts.

Books read in July and August:
5
Books listened to in July and August: 5

Books:
50. "Helter Skelter: The True Story of the Manson Murders" by Vincent Bugliosi
51. "Uncharted TerriTORI" by Tori Spelling
52. "Linger" by Maggie Stiefvater (Wolves at Mercy Falls #2)
53. "Mockingjay" by Suzanne Collins (Hunger Games #3)
54. "7th Heaven" by James Patterson (Women's Murder Club #7)

Audiobooks:
26. "The Fiery Cross" by Diana Gabaldon (Outlander #5)
27. "Savour the Moment" by Nora Roberts (Bride Quarter #3)
28. "Black Hills" by Nora Roberts
29. "Blood Brothers" by Nora Roberts (Sign of Seven #1)
30. "The Hollow" by Nora Roberts (Sign of Seven #2)

I feel weird that I don't have more accomplished, but both the first book and audiobook that I tackled were massive. I also feel weird having listened to so much Nora Roberts this month, but I wanted something easy to listen to at work – and well, Nora Roberts has definitely fit that bill.

Favorite book of July and August: "Mockingjay" by Suzanne CollinsI know I probably sound like a broken record – but seriously, READ THE HUNGER GAMES SERIES! It is amazing, and you will not be disappointed. "Mockingjay" is the final book in the trilogy, so you won't have to deal with any annoying cliffhangers, etc.

4 comments:

  1. Loved The Hunger Games series.. It was so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE Nora Roberts - I have a ton of her books! And she lives about 10 miles from me and has a book store. I swear one of these days I'll get there for one of her book signings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As much as I loved the first two Hunger Games books, Mockingjay sucked! It was so utterly unconnected with the things that made me love the first two books.

    When do you listen to your audio books? I'm surprised you can do so much reading in one month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terri – I like "Mockingjay" minus the last 10 pages. I felt like everything else was in so much detail, so it was irritating when the ending wasn;t.

    As for the audio books, I'm able to listen to them at work. I also listen to them when I walk my dogs, go to the gym, etc.

    ReplyDelete