I’m very excited to be participating in my first Mood Board Monday over at pewter + sage. If you aren’t familiar with this, it’s simple enough – she posts 2 different items to pick from (this time rugs), and you create a room inspired by one of the items. It’s amazing to see the different rooms people come up with.
This was the rug I picked for my inspiration:I thought it would look amazing in my imaginary sunroom with my imaginary budget, and I was right.
My modern sunroom:
1. I wanted something light and airy, so for paint I picked Behr’s Asparagus (410D-4). For the floors, I’m keeping it neutral with this ceramic tile from Home Depot.
2. The Tavern Bay fan is from Home Depot.
3. I am obsessed with this sofa from Hive Modern.
4. The Kelly Table Lamp is from Crate & Barrel and is $179.
5. Seriously, how adorable is this Oval Ring Side Table? This table from Inside Avenue has a price tag of $360.
6. And here is the Andalusia Rug from West Elm that started it all.
7. These benches by Jonathan Adler, are my coffee table for the sun room.
8. This cheerful Meridian Maribel Pillow from Crate & Barrel adds a touch of fun to the space for only $25.
9. To me, it doesn’t get more sunroom than with this green and white pillow from Pier 1.
10. I found this art, fell in love with it, but unfortunately have no idea who made it. But I figure with my unlimited budget, I could hire someone to recreate it if necessary. ☺
11. These Antique Copper Pedestal Vases from Jamali Garden bring out the color of the rug for only $25.
12. This amazing Empire Mirror is from Z Gallerie, and would go above the bookcase.
13. These green Kawayan Vases from Z Gallery, bring in some more nature to the room.
14. This amazing Paterson Two-Door Cabinet is from Crate & Barrel. I can see it displaying picture frames and travel books.
Hey, Ashley!!! So glad you made it, thanks sooo much for participating!!! (and yay, another D&R nestie!) I love the mood board for your imaginary sunroom, and your imaginary budget is cracking me up! So glad you paired green with this yellow rug, I think that's what I would have done too. Great finds, they all make for such a cozy, warm, bright space. PS. I've always been intrigued by that Paterson stuff from Crate and Barrel...glad you like it to! Thanks again for joining the party:)ReplyDelete
I wouldn't have thought of that rug in a sunroom but you make it work. That's the beauty of having multiple participants -everyone's vision is different. It's such a fresh color combination and perfect for enticing people to the room with a glass of tea!ReplyDelete
Terrie @ YourDecoratingHotline
Love it! I almost used that same mirror in my board too, it's great. I really like the green that you used to. This would make a lovely sunroom.ReplyDelete
Love grass green with that mustard yellow. LOVE!ReplyDelete
-Susan at Project Balancing Act
pretty! if you painted the walls a nice warm mocha color it would really set things off!ReplyDelete
Love it! I like the green you used! I went with the Andalusia Rug too - but went with a yellow, black and white scheme. It is so neat to see how other people look at the exact same piece and come up with something totally different!ReplyDelete
You did a fantastic job! A beautiful place to relax!ReplyDelete
What fun. I want to play too! I went over and checked out Pewter+Sage and saw the others and loved them all. Quick question: what software did you use to make your mood board? I'm hoping for some fancy schmancy software that automatically puts it in fun arrangements and lets you number it! I have Photoshop but find it cumbersome (due to lack of skill on my part no doubt). Thanks and love the blog! I read it all the time.ReplyDelete
Kat – I did mine on Polyvore. It's a pretty great site. But I did my numbering in Photoshop – it's not that, that cool ;)ReplyDelete
I just ordered that rug for my entryway. It would be perfect in a sun room too. I don't think I'd ever want to leave the room you designed!ReplyDelete