What we left off with on day 3:
With how long the first set of timbers took Brent to remove, I wasn't expecting to get too much work done – so imagine my surprise when they all came out together:
What my timber-free landscape is looking like:
Yep, it's so much better already.
Next, we started the part I've been dreading – digging out the path:
And since I apparently need to run into a snafu each day I work on this project – we found a block of concrete in the middle of our path. After some debate, we decided it had to have been a gas lamp at some point.
Day 4 final:
I think Brent's chipped away at the concrete enough now, that we should be good.
I'm not sure when I'll have time for my "day 5," but I am happy with the progress I've made so far. Ideally, I'd like everything ready for flowers and shrubs by April 29th – which is when my favorite charity plant sale is.