Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Spring Organizing (Closet #1)

After my medicine drawer rant, I decided my drug turf in the linen closet could use some serious decluttering (hello, Tylonel from 2007 – I'm talking to you). Well, at least that's what I intended to do. But when I opened the linen closet, I discovered what an embarrassing war zone the entire closet was.

The embarrassing war zone:
So, I emptied it:

Then decided I had nothing else going on, so painted both the walls and shelves:

I picked green because it's bright, but more importantly, because I had a lot of this paint leftover from the hall bath.

Then came Target. I promise this trip started off innocent. I had a prescription to pick up, which apparently earned me a $10 Target gift card since it was a new med. So I mosied over to Target's storage area, and that's where things took a turn. I stared down 2 bins for at least 20 minutes. Yep, I just stood there and stared, while trying to visualize my super narrow linen closet and what would fit. I'm sure I looked awesome.

Anywho, on to the after...

I am so happy with it. And other than some (okay lots) of expired medicine and 1 pair of sheets – everything is back in there. Yet I somehow have much more room! I love organizational magic tricks. :)

And now some less awkward angle shots:No more searching for a special medicine. Things are now grouped into 6 categories: first aid, cold, aches, allergies, Ashley's and other.


And since I'm still on organizing mode, I've decided to tackle 3 more closets – the office and the 2 in the entry way.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Deep breath and smile at the lovely new space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out awesome. I'm excited because this weekend I'm painting our hallway and the hall closet doors. Now I think I'm going to paint the inside to! YAY for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A little organization always makes me happy. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done! Great idea to paint the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great! Love organization. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love organization. Looks great! I wonder if it's going to migrate to my house pretty soon.

    ReplyDelete