Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Family room plans

When it comes to my family room, slow and steady wins the race. This is the room I spend the majority of my time in, so I need it to still be functional while I work away at it. My plan is one project at a time, whenever it feels right. My only goal is to have it done by Brent's 30th in August.

This is the only room in the house, that still feels like the previous owner's home. Even with the carpet ripped out, it still feels too traditional for my taste. I'm slowly working away at painting the fireplace white, and that is definitely helping – but I think it's time to face the fact that I'm not crazy about the wall color. I think it's time to introduce a greige color to my house.

As of now, here's the plan:


2 comments:

  1. Are you going to paint the screen black before you paint the brick and maybe/possibly leave the brick as is? Getting rid of the brass is going to be a huge improvement in and of itself, and I actually like the brick you have. (this coming from someone who has painted all their fireplaces because it featured the most dated/hideous looking brick imaginable). Either way, I'm sure it will look fantastic!
    ~Erin @ Cultivating Home

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin – I will definitely be doing both (as I already started painting the brick). :)

    I really liked the brick when the carpet was still in there, but with the carpet gone – I'm just not loving the brick anymore.

    ReplyDelete