Thursday, June 18, 2009

Our first offer

We got an offer today from showing #4. It's exciting to get an offer, but their offer was definitely not exciting.

Their offer was:
- $7,500 below asking price
- Requested closing costs paid for
- Wanted kitchen appliances
- Wanted washer and dryer
- Wanted year warranty on furnace, etc.

Our counter was:
- $3,500 below asking price
- Add $3,000 to the loan, and we will pay the closing costs
- Yes to the kitchen appliances
- Fuck no on the washer and dryer
- Yes to the warranty

I don't expect them to say yes, and I'm okay with that. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. The house should get tons of attention this weekend, and I'm excited about that.

Update: She countered my counter, and I just declined the offer. It felt surprisingly good saying no. Hopefully we'll have a fabulous open house this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment