Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Bucket of nerves

Yesterday was so busy, I kind of lack words.

While at work, I received an e-mail from the "perfect-house home owner." He said they still hadn't received the official offer from the other lady, but even when/if they do, they were thinking about going with us instead if we agreed to a contingency (ummm, yes please). This news was a dream come true, but also nerve racking, because we aren't pre-approved yet.

We tried getting pre-approved a month or so ago, but Brent and I have decided our mortgage broker is now a tool, because returning phone calls apparently isn't his thing. He was great to work with 3 years ago with our first house, but apparently things have changed. So yesterday morning, we gathered info about other recommended brokers from friends and our real estate agent.

I talked to one broker yesterday, and I should hear back sometime this morning. I'm not going to lie, I am terrified. Brent's dad is positive that we will be denied a loan. He has had this attitude for the past several weeks, and it's brought my confidence way down.

Brent and I have done the math though. Even with a higher interest rate, the taxes, the higher bills, etc., we can still afford the monthly house payment and have room for air. So hopefully in this economy, that still counts for something.

When I got home, the handyman was soon over giving us a drywall estimate. Since the roof is now fixed, the water damage in the bathroom can now be addressed. He came in way below our insurance estimate, so I am going to have him paint the ceiling in there as well. Our bathroom ceiling is beyond special, and he said a paint with a sand-like texture would help cover up the divets (sold). Hopefully he can start that fun tomorrow.

Once he left, I started painting the bathroom tile around the shower. (Yes, you can paint tile. And you especially want to when your tile is pink like ours. That was one of the first things we did when we moved in, but it's been 3 years, so it was time to scrap and repaint around the shower).

Other things I worked on: Painting the door to the backyard and taping off the windows.

If we do get pre-approved today, yesterday's activities was just a warm up for todays. If we don't get pre-approved today, we will try again with several other brokers, but most likely just watch TV tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment