Sunday, August 7, 2011

Weekend Update

For having no plans, it sure has been a busy weekend.

Going green
Goodbye purple:

Hello green:

While Brent is still sad to see the purple go, the green looks so much better with the brown sectional.

The basement has been o constant project since we moved into this house almost 2 years ago. While it's still not 100% complete, I'm so happy to finally be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

The hole
Brent has been sick, but is finally feeling better today – so I harassed him with a project he's said he was going to do for the past 3 months.

Remember the unfortunate incident that happened when moving the sectional to the basement?

After 3 months, it's FINALLY being addressed:

Well, I'm less than thrilled to have to redo any part of that wall...no longer having a futon in the basement does make it worth it.

Because I have issues saying no
I agreed to do the Westie Rescue of Missouri calendar again the day before I found out I was pregnant. While, I'm sure I could have canceled that obligation once I learned the news, well, I'm just not that sort of girl.

So, in addition to early bedtimes and feeling pukey – I've been busy with this:

Thankfully, it's much more organized this year. And I'm hoping my part of the project will be wrapping up soon.

Because I really have issues saying no
The calendar isn't the only project I have going on. Aside from that, I'm also helping co-organize a neighborhood block party for our street. Thankfully, my neighborhood is awesome and we have lots of volunteers wanting to help out – so my plate won't be too heavy.

5 comments:

  1. I get those same cravings and Im not pregnant lol. I made a stew last week in the middle of the summer go figure.:/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the green! Did you get those pillows from Ikea? They're on my want list, which figures, because we basically have all of the same accessories! Which reminds me, did you ever buy a rug for your living room?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can eat soup all year round. Soup and chili were also everyday staples when I was pregnant three years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The green makes the space look so much warmer. I like it.
    Keep eating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's the green color name?

    ReplyDelete