Monday, February 7, 2011

The kitchen (phase 1 done)

Thank the lord, my kitchen cabinets are done.

Before:
After:

I know, it may not look like too much of a difference in the photos, but it lightens up the kitchen so much.

Here's a closer up photo to show you the difference with the new hardware:


So, what's next for the kitchen? Countertops and back splash. I'd love to say that's going to happen soon, but considering my kitchen fund only has $200 in it at the moment – I have a ways to go. I'm aiming for October or November. Or maybe, if we get an awesome refund, sometime sooner. :)

6 comments:

  1. It looks very spruced up. I do like the track lighting too. So what is it about your counters that you don't like. From the photos, they actually look good and retro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are inspiring me to add some detail to my kitchen! We just built our house, but i'm loving the crown molding in your kitchen, and I am also looking to do a back splash! Love your blog!! xx Liz Marie Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pine Tree Home – My biggest issue with the countertops is that it's tile, so food gets stuck in the grout. It's rather gross.

    Liz Marie – Thanks! I love crown modeling. You can never go wrong with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see the difference and it is FABULOUS! Good work Ashley!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your backsplash - what are you planning to do that will make it even more awesome?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog and LOVE it! The new hardware looks awesome. Keep us posted on the backsplash you find. We also have a green kitchen but I'm not sure what to do with the backsplash. Hopefully you can figure it out first!

    ReplyDelete