I am excited to be participating in my second Mood Board Monday over at pewter & sage.
For this challenge, we tackled the new line at West Elm, which is very nature-based. Everything in this line made me think sun room, but since I did that for the last challenge – I wanted to do something different.
My inspiration was this pillow:
I love the colors, the lines and the femininity this pillow offers.
Because of this, I decided to design a nursery. That's right, I'm now the child-free girl who has designed a nursery. (But seriously, don't get any ideas).
I wanted this space to have some nursery decor, while maintaining enough key pieces (such as the rug and dresser) that could transition on when the said baby is no longer a baby.
Here's my space:
1. The wall color is Martha Stewart's Calabash.
2. My plan for this fabric would be curtain panels. This is the fabric that ties my color scheme together – greens, pinks, white and browns. The fabric is Patio Stripe by Waverly.
3. This is the bedding I picked – I love how playful it is. It's called Tea Rose by gus & max.
4. I have a crush on this crib; I love the modern look it has. The crib is by Oeuf Sparrow and is $690.
5. The mirror is from Pier 1 and retails at $199.95.
6. I found this Oilo Studio Modern Berries light at Modern Nursery.
7. I found this rug at Modern Rugs. I love the visual impact it makes without being over the top.
8. Like anyone doesn't know this shelf is from Ikea. I thought with all the toys and books kids acquire, a shelf like this would be ideal (once mounted to the wall, of course).
9. I found this doggy touch lamp on Amazon.
10. This simplistic photo mobile is from the MoMA Store.
11. Meet Jasper the Dog. Jasper is available in several sizes, but for this room I'd be going big – the 28x28 it is.
12. This green dresser is from Former Furniture. I am all about colorful dressers right now.
13. Honestly, the only reason I'm showing the changing pad is because I figured someone would otherwise ask about the lack of one. :)
14. It's a nursery, I have to show a couple of toys on my Mood Board – I figured a piggy bank, alligator and Uglydoll were the way to go.
15. These Pottery Barn Kids storage containers were totally made for this space.
16. The pillow from West Elm that started it all.
17. This glider is from Modern Nursery. I love the green piping it has on it. This chair retails for $1,294 (don't judge – this room is imaginary).
18. This Kelly Table Lamp is Crate & Barrel, and retails for $179.
19. This Ully Pedestal Table is also from Crate & Barrel.