Reading in the winter is my favorite thing. There’s nothing better than cuddling under a blanket or being in a bubble bath with a good book. On the flip side, there’s also nothing better than doing some trim or door painting while listening to an intriguing audio book.
I was nervous my reading would go downhill with the new house and its endless projects, and while it did some – I’m hopeful I can still hit my goal of 100 books read and 50 book listened to for 2010. I’m just having to walk a finer line with balancing my time. This means I’m watching less TV than I was last year. I have said goodbye to TV shows I’ve watched for multiple seasons, and was surprised how easy it was to let go of them.
I decided to switch things up this year on the blog. Since this blog is truly about my house projects and not about my insane reading habits, I will only be doing one “what I read” post at the end of each month.
Books read in January: 11
Books listened to in January: 5
1. “Kissing Coffins” by Ellen Schreiber (Vampire Kisses #2)
2. “Vampireville” by Ellen Schreiber (Vampire Kisses #3)
3. “Dance With a Vampire” by Ellen Schreiber (Vampire Kisses #4)
4. “The Coffin Club” by Ellen Schreiber (Vampire Kisses #5)
5. “Royal Blood” by Ellen Schreiber (Vampire Kisses #6)
6. “Holly’s Inbox” by Holly Denham
7. “The Sudoku Murder” by Shelley Freydont
8. “Twenties Girl” by Sophie Kinsella
9. “Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers” by Mary Roach
10. “Evermore” by Alyson Noel (Immortals #1)
11. “Blue Moon” by Alyson Noel (Immortals #2)
1. “Lock and Key” by Sarah Dessen
2. “The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society” by Mary Ann Shaffer
3. “The Thirteenth Tale” by Diane Setterfield
4. “The Host” by Stephanie Meyer
5. “Best Friends Forever” by Jennifer Weiner
Favorite book of the month:
“Holly’s Inbox” by Holly Denham
This book cracked me up. Not often do books make literally “lol,” but this one succeeded several times. I also just loved the e-mail format of this book – it makes this book really casual and creates extra humor.
- “Twenties Girl” by Sophie Kinsella
-“Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers” by Mary Roach
- “The Thirteenth Tale” by Diane Setterfield (I don’t care if it’s cheating posting this as a favorite again – it’s an amazing book)
- “The Host” by Stephanie Meyer
“Best Friends Forever” by Jennifer Weiner