Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Yellow Rant

I want to decorate my future living room in only black, white, gray and yellow, but apparently few retail stores have the same vision. Finding modern yellow accessories is the biggest PITA. Hell, finding gray and black things is also finding itself difficult. It seems that everyone in America must envision their living room in blue, brown and beige – because that's all I can find (seriously, does everyone have identical living rooms)?

For my pillows I wanted a black-and-white houndstooth (which I already have), and a smaller yellow pillow for a punch of color. I have only found one yellow pillow that I find acceptable. Seriously, I understand yellow might not be the most popular color, but I had no idea the level of neglect it faced until I started searching for yellow accessories that didn't suck.

It's a good thing I'm starting early, because this mission will take awhile.

3 comments:

  1. You may just be too late. I feel like West Elm and CB2 were both batshit for grey and yellow last year or the year before that. (CB2 has, or had at least, a grey tweed couch that I would die to have…)
    Not that you haven't exhausted the catalogs of every decor website out there, but don't lose hope! Maybe there's random crap on Ebay too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the pillow I am obsessed with, by the by: http://www.cb2.com/family.aspx?c=595&f=4764

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH WAIT. (Third time's a charm?)
    You have looked at CB2. That pillow you posted is from CB2.
    Ignore me.

    ReplyDelete