Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Cable Company, I Will Win

I pay $160 per month for cable and Internet. That price includes 2 DVRs (one of which is HD), 300+ channels and HBO.

New customers can currently get the exact same thing for $120.

And of course Brent signed us up for some horrible plan that doesn't expire for another year, and costs $250 (eeeeeeee!!!) to cancel.

After much debate, I have decided to cancel the service and take the blow. Since nothing is under my name, I can use it the second time around with the new address, so I will technically be a new customer. Within a year, I will actually be saving money, so I think it's worth it, especially since the new customer rate after a year barely increases.

Saving money, here I come!

1 comment:

  1. If you have it in your area, check out AT&T U-Verse. They have really good deals, and the DVR is included in the price-I think mine runs around $50/mo. I ordered it online and got $300 CASH BACK for getting the phone and internet. I know it's bit late for the phone part, but you may want to check it out. The DVR is great because you can record 4 shows at one time and watch playback on any TV in your home.

    ReplyDelete