Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas cheer

I have a confession, while my house is decorated for the holidays – I'm just not feeling it. I have been distracted by a December full of baby showers, thank you cards, baby classes and nursery preparations. And I'm so ready for Audrey to get here that I'm having trouble focusing on anything else.

Originally, I thought I would go all out this year for Christmas, because it's Brent's and my last year as just the two of us. But, it's just not happening. While all the decor is out, third trimester exhaustion has set in, and some nights I don't even have the energy to turn on the penguin tree lights (I know! I must be tired to ignore something so fabulous). Well, mainly it's because bending down has gotten rather tricky. Thankfully, Brent is still bendy, so he's taken over the light duty.

Anyway...here's the part you care about – the decor.

The sweet tree

The family tree

I'll be especially excited about the family tree next Christmas when Audrey is here. I'm even toying with the idea of doing silhouettes of all the family instead of photos.

The penguin tree

My favorite new penguin ornament:

The formal tree

The classic tree

Other holiday photos from around the house...

4 comments:

  1. Your house looks fantastic, Ashley! Don't feel bad at all for not going "all out"! I'm 18 weeks pregnant, and we haven't even put up ONE tree, lol. We will, but my husband and I have dubbed this year "Christmas-lite". It will be more fun once we have little ones anyway.

    And as a total side note, I have a student this year named Audrey Miller. It totally makes me think of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brent - yes, THAT BrentDecember 13, 2011 at 1:42 PM

    What she fails to show you here is that there are two SEPARATE and distinct trees on either side of the fireplace, bringing the total tree count to 7.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW....for someone who is not feeling it...you have done a lot. Looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic, and not just the trees. Audrey is going to grow up in a beautiful home. You've given me inspiration to finish my trees. I got distracted about halfway through with the news that I'll be retiring. Tomorrow is my last day.

    ReplyDelete