Friday, January 7, 2011

Fabric headboard (forgotten project #1)

I actually did this project in August, and forgot about it until last night. Oops and bygones.

I've always loved the look of fabric headboards, so the idea of making my own for the guest bedroom was intriguing. Especially when I imagined how cheap it would be (key word in the sentence sadly being imagined).

After the great fabric debate (here and here), I went to Home Depot and JoAnns for the other supplies. While the Home Depot purchase of the board was dirt cheap ($15ish), the JoAnns run was about 10 times more costly (lesson learned about how expensive foam is).

Even though, I did spend more than wanted on the headboard, I'm happy with how it turned it.

Before:

After:
As you can see, I still have some more tasks for this room – such as lamps and throw pillows, but I'm happy with the progress I've made so far.

3 comments:

  1. love it!! I am thinking of doing the same thing. How did you hang it on your wall?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks great! love the fabric you used, I'm still trying to work up the nerve to try this...

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it! this has been on my to-do list for a long time... one of these days I will attempt it...

    ReplyDelete