Wednesday, October 21, 2009

My First Ikea Purchase

One of Brent's coworkers was making the 6.5-hour journey to Ikea with his wife last weekend, and asked if we wanted anything. Ummm...yeah.

I have had my eye on this Expedit bookcase for awhile, and decided it was fate. Originally, the plan was to put it in the office, but I decided to switch things up and put it in the kitchen.


I just felt this was a lot of empty space, that could be put to better use.

I am really happy with how it looks now. I feel like the shelf takes up a lot of room without being super overpowering.


My goal is to now find some wine rack inserts to fit into several of shelves. Ikea has this, but apparently it needs a little alteration on the height to make it fit. I really like the idea of this, but have no idea where to even find out, because it was a closed question on Esty from several years ago. I'm even thinking the wine rack X could work.

The journey just never ends.

1 comment:

  1. My first thought on the wine rack was the X as well... I think you could probably do that fairly easily with some pieces cut to size at HD or Lowe's.

    ReplyDelete